Monday, March 9, 2015

Week #2- MTC

Hello everyone! 
Well it's been another great week here at the MTC! I have officially been here almost 2 weeks, about 10 days. The Spirit here is amazing! Our branch president compared it to the temple because everyone here either a missionary or employee is endowed and qualified to be here. Everyone is always so happy and humming hyms, praying, and bearing testimonies. It's the best! The language seemed to be coming a lot better this week, I could understand more of what my teacher was saying which was awesome! :) Obviously I still have a TON to learn but it's slowly coming! 

This week was rough physically. I wasn't feeling too well for the first few days and I wasn't sure why. It was kind of hard to focus and I just didn't feel like myself. I went to the health center and come to find out I had a UTI. So thankfully I got some medicine and now I'm fine :) And also this week there was a mishap in gym time with some weights. Haha it's kind of a funny/embarrassing story. But Sister V and I were using the weight lifting machines and with this certain one you had to bend down to change the amount of weight on it. So I was switching it then suddenly the huge bar fell on my head! I fell down and was kind of out of it for a minute :P Then Sister V was helping me up and she looks over and she was like, "Forty pounds just dropped on your head!!" And yes, it hurt a lot haha. But amazingly, I didn't even get a headache when I should've gotten a concussion or worse. So I am completely fun but just some interesting stories this week! Defiently tender mercies! the Lord is watching out for me and I know all your prayers helped protect me so thank you!! 

Our investigator, Willy, is no longer our investigator but is now our teacher! He is great, his name is Brother Yim! He is from Hong Kong and served a mission in Boston. He is super funny and makes class enjoyable! 

This week I have really been trying to focus on the gift of tongues. There's a scripture (can't remember where, sorry) that says all you need is a strong desire and to do your part and God will do the rest so you can speak. It really inspired me! I really want to be able to learn Cantonese so I can speak to God's children in HK. A quote shared in the devotional was "You must labor, struggle, and do all you can to learn a language." and I love that, I wrote it on a card and hung it in my room! Also this week I have decided to be more committed to the work. I want to be able to say I gave EVERYTHING to my mission- my heart, soul, and mind! Missionary work is hard and exhausting but already so worth it! 

Again, thank you for all the emails and dear elders! I really appreciate it :) I try to reply to everyone individually but sometimes run out of time so if it takes awhile to hear back from me don't be offended haha! We come and print emails off in the morning so we can read them then come back to reply to them so don't worry about writing long emails, I love them! and I love hearing how everyone is doing :) thanks again! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Escher 

No comments:

Post a Comment